Texas holdem poker: king among card games!
Texas holdem poker, despite its youth as a poker discipline, has gained millions of fans around the world over the short history of its existence. Hundreds of poker tournaments with huge prize pools are held at poker hands Texas holdem, which is an additional incentive for millions of new card game fans to continue to play their favorite game.
Many professional players even quit their main job because they earn enough money so as not to be distracted by anything other than their favorite entertainment. If you want also not to work, then the recommendations will be useful for you to begin your career as a poker player.
Poker strategies are classified by type:
- tournament games;
- ring (cache) games.
The constant growth of the blinds and the associated change in strategic techniques leaves its mark on tournament poker strategies. The main principle of the tournament game is a tight-aggressive approach, during which the emphasis is on a fairly aggressive drawing of only strong poker combinations. In turn, tournament strategies have a clear division into MTT strategies – for multi-table tournaments, and SNG – tournaments organized on the principle of “sit and play.”
The strategy in Texas holdem poker for a cash game depends on the size of the initial stack. There are three types of such strategies:
- Short Stack Strategy (SSS) – this Texas holdem poker strategy is based on the understanding and mathematical justification that if the stack is small enough with respect to the sizes of blinds and bets, a positive result from actions can be achieved even with a low probability of winning;
- Middle Stack Strategy (MSS) – a more sophisticated version of the strategy that requires knowledge of the basics of poker math. The difference from SSS is the need for the experience of a post-flop game and the absence of it leads to the appearance of typical mistakes of novice players in the game, which can be eliminated by using the opportunity of free group training conducted by various poker schools;
- Deep stack strategy (BSS) – is designed to maximize profits from the game and is based on deep knowledge of poker mathematics and competent post-flop game. Such a game is impossible without knowledge and possession of poker tactics, as well as ways to counter a similar tactical set by opponents.
Choosing any of these strategies in poker Texas holdem, together with their correct application in the right situation, leads in most cases to victory in the game.
Sub-types of strategies at the poker table
Depending on the situations that occur at the table during the game, you can also choose the so-called mini-strategies:
- Aggressive strategy assumes that with all the hands with which you enter the bank, you will exclusively raise and 3-bet;
- Passive – this tactic consists in passively playing your range: limps and calls make up most of the actions of this strategy;
- Loose play involves participation in most banks. In the range of a loose, a player is both marginal and borderline hands, and absolute nuts;
- Tight – the tactic of a tight game is to play only strong starting hands. It is suitable for beginner players, as it minimizes the risk of losing with borderline hands.
These strategies in Texas holdem poker help determine the strategy depending on the gameplay taking place at the table. If you do not want to play for money, then you can find the Texas holdem free poker application and play for fun. Some of them use special virtual currency poker chips which makes the gameplay even more fun.